Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day 11 - Fail.

Dinner Last Night: was awful. Brazilian beans and rice. In the recipe you took pinto beans and then could choose from a list of veggies. I chose carrots and sweet potatoes because that's what I had on hand. That combo was then supposed to be served over rice. There was also supposed to be a meat involved but I thought the meal could be ok without it. Now, I don't think it would have been much better with it, honestly. About half way through making it I knew it was going to be bad but by that point it was too late. And oh boy, was it bad. I think I maybe didn't do something right because it was mush almost from the get-go. See? Nasty.

So really last night for dinner Moses had pb&j, Ada had bread, yogurt and a hodgepodge of other foods and Jeremy and I had a second dinner of spaghetti at 10:30pm when he got home from his meeting that he ran off to right after the first dinner disaster.
On the up side, breakfast yesterday was a success! I made a four-egg cheese omelette and we all had some of it with our own favorite side (toast, sauteed spinach, cheerios). It worked well also because Moses didn't want to eat right away so when he was ready I just popped his portion in the microwave for a few seconds. Ada gobbles down eggs cooked this way because she thinks they're cheese (and I'm not about to tell her they're not!).  Lunch was leftovers where Moses chose chicken and spinach salad over chicken noodle soup (who is this kid?). 
Dinner Tonight: We ordered take-out. (Jeremy's idea because I had a long, tiring day - what a guy!) Vegetable pad thai and edamame and steamed dumplings for the kids. My kids LOVE dumplings. We taught Moses how to squeeze the edamame out of the shell with his teeth and he loved it. He asked for more!
And since Moses ate so well tonight, he went to bed without a peep. Ah, quiet. I think I hear a glass of wine calling my name. Goodnight!


No comments: