Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 8 - Stromboli

Yesterday for Lunch: I made Stromboli. I started with a pizza crust recipe from my "More-With-Less" cookbook. It was my first "kneading" project and it worked! (thankfully, because I didn't have a Plan B) separated the dough in half, spread them out into a flat a oblong shape and topped the dough with the stuffing. Both with mozzarella and a sprinkle of oregano, one with raw stop light colored peppers and red onions, the other with raw baby spinach and mushrooms. I pulled the dough up over the toppings and pinched it closed. Then I baked them at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. The veggies turn soft and delicious inside. We dipped them in marinara sauce. Yummy!



I made my pizza dough using this wonderful tool I got for Christmas last year. I'm so thankful for my stand mixer. It makes my life so much easier. 



Today I was doing some online dreaming about other items I could find myself being very thankful for, if they happened to magically show up in my kitchen. Like a new wall oven. 
Because right now we have a Caloric. Have you heard of a Caloric? I didn't think so. And that's because they are circa 1957, when our house was built. (ours isn't yellow, maybe if it was I wouldn't be in such a hurry to get rid of it)


And while we're talking appliances, it would be nice to get the microwave off the counter top. 


It'd also be super fun to have this attachment for my mixer. I'd love to try my hand at pasta!


I think this is super cute, too. 


And also some of these. That have nothing to do with cooking, but would look so pretty sitting on my shelves. (there's my shameless plug for Mudlove


And speaking of coffee mugs. I think mine needs a refill. Hope you're having a great Monday!

1 comment:

Katie Fleming said...

LOL, so at first as I was scrolling down I saw that pic of the wall oven and though, "Wow, Hannah is so lucky!" until I saw that it was a dream oven;-) LOL! Now we BOTH can dream;-)