Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 10 - Simple and Delicious

Dinner Last Night: We had this. Steamed green beans and tofu sauteed in garlic, soy sauce and sesame oil with brown rice with sweet chili sauce (for Jeremy and I) and sriracha sauce (just for J - it's too spicy for me!). Simple and deeeelish!


Jeremy and I had ours in our pho bowls. Something about eating "Asian" food in Asian dishware makes it taste better to me.





This second bowl is Moses'. He ate his obligatory three bites and then proceeded to eat a little bit more one grain of rice at a time. It made me want to pull my hair out. I have been doing so well at being patient and not freaking out when he doesn't eat a ton of what I make, but there are times when I wish he would just EAT HIS DINNER. This dinner was so good and I just wanted him to appreciate it. Even as I'm writing this though, I know I shouldn't have been frustrated at him. He's three. And it wasn't too long ago when he would even eat rice, or green beans and he still won't eat the tofu without gagging, but that's ok with me, it's a weird texture for sure. Plus, while I was so busy being annoyed that he wasn't filling up on my delicious rice dish he ate an entire spinach salad with peppers and olive oil and vinegar dressing because we ran out of ranch. I guess maybe I need to lighten up a little. 

No comments: