Last Night's Dinner: Build your own loaded baked potatoes with the options of steamed broccoli, leftover quinoa and black beans, salsa, sour cream, scallions, shredded cheese.
It's been a week and I am:
- thankful for this balanced review of "Forks Over Knives" that Jeremy sent me. If you happen to notice a little more eggs and dairy sneaking into recipes, it's because I may not be quite as hardcore about that as I originally planned.
- knowing it's ok if I'm not perfect at this right away.
- realizing that SO many foods we eat are processed!
- figuring out that this whole foods eating business is a full time job with lots of time in the kitchen.
- enjoying the time in the kitchen, but also trying to work a little smarter in regards to food prep so every meal isn't taking up so much of my afternoon and creating lots of dishes to be done afterwards.
- learning to balance simple and healthy.
- cutting myself some slack for some things because otherwise I could go crazy (ranch dressing is kind of a staple at our house, and I'm just going to be ok with that).
- relishing in the fact that Moses and Ada both love the new bread and have pleasantly surprised me this week about their attitudes toward the more unusual things that have showed up on their plates lately. Granted I kept expectations super low, but overall I think everything is going very well with them!
- willing to admit there have been some moments this week when I found myself thinking lines from this Chris Farley SNL sketch and humming Jimmy Buffet's Cheeseburger in paradise.
- figuring out that I need to eat more and more often.
- happy to show you my second ever loaf of bread. This time I used a bread pan I bought last year to make Moses' light saber cake and didn't brush it with butter (which I forgot to mention I did the last time). The results were what I hoped for, rounder and so better for sandwiches and toast (I realize I could use a square bread pan, but I kind of like the more organic shape of the loaf like this)
- not even going to look at the calendar to see how much longer there is until Easter. One day at a time, one week at time! My grocery shopping is done and I'm looking forward to another week!
1 comment:
have you found this blog yet ... http://thislunchrox.com/ ... ? i met jamie through scrapping/photography, and now i hang on her every word when it comes to cooking/baking with whole ingredients. one day i'll have the time to do a full-on shift and start making everything from scratch. she's super-creative and so inspirational. i think you'll love her.
Post a Comment