Friday, September 23, 2005

miracles and the condo


It's Friday! and I'm pretty sure we're doing a great job of only posting on Friday's. We'll try to get better.
One really big thing happened this week. Earlier this spring my Great Uncle Sparks was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer. They gave him at most a year to live and he started treatment right away. He wasn't doing very well and was sick and very weak most of the time.
Last week Uncle Sparks went to the doctor for tests to check on the cancer's progress. They did a blood test and a CAT scan and there was no trace of cancer. He went again this week and the same thing, no cancer. He feels better than he has in months. What a miracle! Praise God!
Tonight they're having a "so far, so good" party at their house to celebrate.

Anyway, we've had several requests for condo pictures, so here they are. I did my best to get a good shot or two of every room*, but I'm not pro.

*Note: we are decorating gradually and haven't done any painting yet. We'll send upgraded pictures when that happens.

The picture up and to the left is the kitchen (back and to the left?). Duh. The cream hood above the stove will eventually be red. I put the kitchen first because it's my favorite :)



This is the dining room (and Jeremy). Along the walls are vintage tin-stamped Guiness signs Jordan and Josh got Jeremy for Christmas last year.






This is the living room. Ok, that's all for now. we're headed over to the in-laws to hang out. I'll post the rest later. My best to you all.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading 'Collapse', eh?

Hannah said...

Dang, how in the world could you see the title on that book?? But yes I have been reading Collapse, slowly but surely. It's a good read, I'm nearing the end of the Easter Islands section.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Thanks for posting photo's of your place. It looks great, and i can't wait to see it next summer....sad- i wont see it till then! Well no, maybe christmas! i love all the red...so cute...love, al