I don't know about you, but we had a great labor day weekend! We decided that we were going to do something fun every day during the 3-day weekend. On Friday night we had some friends from church over and just sat around and chatted over beers for a few hours.
On Saturday we went to Annapolis - our nation's oldest state capitol building. Even though I've lived in MD for 14 years, I've only been there once when I was a wee lad and Hannah's never been. So we went there for the day. The pictures posted are from the city. It's cool because it still has a very colonial feel to it. My dream of walking around the streets with horse and carriages and tricorn hats was suddenly interrupted when an angry tourist from Ohio nearly ran us over in a crosswalk. We ate lunch at the Middleton Tavern (Established 1706). George Washington
and Thomas Jefferson were rumored to have stopped there for a brew after lengthy political discussions during the formation of our country. We also went to the Naval Academy and saw the crypt of John Paul Jones - I believe his famous quote was "I have not yet begun to fight!" if my memory from 9th grade history class serves me correctly. It was very solemn and kind of eerie - the sarcophagus was really cool. It had dolphins carved underneath it as if they were holding it afloat on the ocean and it was covered with carved seaweed.On Sunday, we did the usual church thing followed by lunch and a nap. We then went to dinner with the guy who heads up the music ministry at church to start planning for rehearsals. They're a great family and we had a good time spending the evening with them.
Today, we went to Lucketts, VA to this gigantic antique store where we got a nice lime green swiveling desk chair for our office and a giant red star to hang over our fireplace. Don't knock it till you see it.
K, that's all for now. Until next time.....
Oh, and make sure that you're listening to My Chemical Romance.
2 comments:
Thanks for the history lesson from your trip to Annapolis! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I love the wedding photo of Hannah - I think I'll have one of those enlarged and framed for us. Talk to you later. Love, Mom H.
Post a Comment