Monday, August 16, 2010

Dear Moses - A crazy summer!

Dear Moses,

The summer is coming to an end, and man was it a crazy summer! We've lived in four places in the last four and a half months, and at one point we owned two of those places and didn't live in either of them! We went on "vacation" (to get some moving stuff done) to Maryland, vacation to Indiana and finally, at the end of July, moved in to our house, a house I hope we won't have to move out of for a VERY long time.

You do and say hilarious things every day and you change so much it's hard to really capture one thing before you're doing something completely different. You refer to yourself in the third person, and although we've heard you pronounce your name correctly many times, you prefer to say "Edsis" while pointing at yourself. You're on a big "f" kick, so lots of words you say you start with an "f", like truck (and that's a great one when you're running through the mall screaming it). Some of the other funny things you say include:

"Ah, dee doo!" (No, thank you!)
"Whaadat?" (What's that?)
"It koh kay, Yinis" (It's ok, Linus)
"Where aaaare yooou?"
and "Where'd he goes?"

You'll be a big brother very soon (I hope very, very soon)! I know you're going to be a great brother. I'm so excited to see you interact with your sister and for you to have a special bond that only siblings can have. But I want you to know, no matter how many kids we have, you will always be my baby, you are my first and the past two years have been so wonderful. I have learned so much about myself and grown in so many ways because of you.

I love you,
Mom

No comments: