Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Life these days.


I love my kids so much. They are growing and changing so much every day! Here are some random things about Ada, Moses and life these days. And, because I'm having a hard time forming sentences lately, let alone paragraphs,  it's in good ol' bullet points.
  • Ada does this Stevie Wonder head twist thing when she's going to sleep and because she does it she gets these little knots in her hair. I've cut three out and from all the rubbing she's pretty much bald back there now. 
  • Moses is picky about getting dirty, but LOVES leaf piles and cries when he has to get out. This results in leaves all over our house because they're always all in his clothes, but it's worth it for the fun he has.
  • Speaking of leaves all over the house: vacuuming our basement is a major workout.
  • I love being a parent with Jeremy. We make a good team and have really been getting into the groove with two kids. It's so fun to have him to share in those moments when Moses or Ada are being extra cute, or when Moses is having an especially ridiculous toddler moment.
  • Despite his claims to not be a big fan of this little baby stage, Jeremy is really good with Ada. He snuggles her and plays with her, makes her smile and giggle, changes diapers and gives her baths and bottles, and tucks her sweetly into bed,.
  • Ada saves her biggest smiles for Moses. It just melts my hearts when she sees him and gives the biggest grin.
  • Ada smiles with her entire body, including happy little leg kicks and hand punches. 
  • After ten or more haircuts of Moses screaming bloody murder, he suddenly LOVES getting his haircut. 
  • Ada consistently started sleeping 8 hours at night when she was 7 weeks old and 9-10 hours at 11 weeks. I give credit to the fact that she's a good sleeper (maybe, who knows!), but also to "On become Babywise" and "Good Night, Sleep Tight" - the tips in these books have been invaluable to me. Oh, and swaddling. 
  • I have developed a "double swaddle" method where I swaddle Ada in the velcro swaddle and then in another big swaddle blanket so she can't get the velcro loose. It's ridiculous, really, but man does it work!
  • I love it when I unswaddle Ada and her arms fly up as if they're spring loaded.
  • I'm am a WAY more productive and happier person when I sleep well.
  • A month ago we went to Josh and Amber Ann's wedding, at almost every dinner since Moses takes his fork, "clinks" it on his cup and exclaims "Josh and Ann kiss!"
  • We had our first sibling injury recently. Moses whacked Ada in the nose with a toy. She gave the saddest cry you've ever heard. I have a feeling that won't be the last time we hear that cry.
  • Seriously, for such a sweet and little thing she can really belt it out. And when she is mad she lets you know. Feisty, sassy, opinionated, call it what you will, but I have a feeling this girl will have some attitude.
  • One day Moses was playing in a box and pretending it was a car. Ada and I sat in the back seat while he drove us to "Idaho! To see Josh and Ann!" He turned around and calming told me "Don't kick my seat, please." The same thing Jeremy has told him about one hundred times in the car. So he does hear him!
  • Some days I look at my kids and think - they didn't exist and then I grew them in my body and now they do exist. And they are these wonderful, adorable little people that I get to raise and enjoy. It helps put things in perspective for me on the days I think I might lose my mind.
  • I could go on and on and on with this list! I've been adding to it for a long time now and as I add things continue to change. So I suppose I'll stop here and start a new one for later. 

No comments: