Friday, August 06, 2010

According to Aunt Debbie...

... the world wants to know how the Hackenberg's are doing. We're doing well! Life is good, crazy, but really good!  You may remember we own a condo in Maryland. Turns out we were underwater in a pretty major way due to all the foreclosures and shorts sales that happened around us and drove the housing prices way down, which left us with little options to sell. After carefully reviewing our situation we decided a short sale was the best route. After months of paperwork and eight hundred emails back and forth between an attorney and our real estate agent the sale was accepted and we close on Monday! And they worked it out for us that we can close remotely, instead of making a four hour drive back to Maryland two weeks before my due date. Praise the Lord!

On the 28th we moved into our new house and we LOVE it! Last weekend all of our parents (yep, all four of them!) came out to help us get moved in. We were so grateful for their help (we are also so grateful that our parents get along so well!). It was a crazy mad house here. Painting, unpacking, organizing, cleaning, electrical work(ing?), hammering and sawing all took place, not to mention Moses and Linus running around under foot and adding to the chaos.  We still have a ways to go in terms of being unpacked and moved in, I can say that were I to have the baby tomorrow, it would be ok. `

Moses has done great with all the changes. We had a few days of getting used to another new place, being confused about why his grandparents left and being just plain exhausted, but now he's back to his sweet, lovable, wild toddler self. He also loves the new house, the way the upstairs is set up there's a full circle from the kitchen to the hallway to the living room through the dining room and back into the kitchen. Once he got that figured out he was in heaven. This morning he and Linus spent about 45 minutes chasing each other around the circle.

Now it's time to have a baby! I'm due in 23 days and I am READY. I'm anxious about having two kids to take care of, recovering from giving birth and being sleep deprived, but I'm at the point where I'm just ready to do it! Jeremy and I are so excited to meet our baby girl. When I try to picture her, I can only imagine a girl with Moses' newborn face. Haha! Moses can't wait to meet his baby sister, either. We're still not sure just how much he understands, but a few nights ago he was trying to lift up my belly and saying "Sister! Open it!"


Sorry there aren't more pictures, my mom was the one snapping the shots last weekend. I promise I'll get some of the house on here soon, or maybe you'll have to see pictures of the house with our little sweet pea in the forefront.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Debbie says:

THANK YOU! So glad everything worked out with the condo and your move. Please take it easy...we don't need an exhausted Hannah trying to birth that sweet little girl! Love you all!

amybeth said...

:-) I don't know about the world but I sure wanted to know! Adorable picture.

Yay for almost a baby! We'll be praying for you guys!

Amy k.

taralynn819 said...

Love your blog! Glad you are enjoying your new house, can't wait to see it! Question - where are you registered? (Notice I assumed you are b/c I hope you are!)

btw, once Baby Girl is here, if you ever want me and Miles to come over and watch Moses while you nap or get coffee or whatever, I'd love to!

Katie Fleming said...

Thanks for the update! We're so glad to hear things went well with the move and wow I had forgotten your due date and was surprised that you are due so soon! Get rest while you can!!

We miss you guys!