It's hard to believe it's September already and that summer is behind us. Our summer was good overall, but it definitely was a little different than I expected it to be. We eased into summer slowly, spending some time in June at the pool and at some mom's club events. But the month of July we all but dropped off the planet because of the month of sickness I mentioned in a previous post. Also in July Moses took a swimming class and hated it, we should have done that into August, but we quit. Maybe next year. Ok, so that bring us into August. The first week I helped with VBS at Shady Grove PCA. I taught a class of five year olds with my sister-in-law, Sarah. That was a great week, even if it was a little nutty, man five year olds have a lot of energy! And then, a week later, we left for the beach! The highlight of our summer by far. It was so relaxing and nice to have a lot of help with the dude. We were so grateful to Dan and Kathy for that week and we had a great time hanging out with Dan, Kathy, Jordan, Josh and Sarah.
One expectation big I had for this summer was that Moses would be walking. Next week he'll be 16 months and he still isn't interested in it. He's taken a step, here or there, but always with a lot of encouragement. I thought for sure by the time we were at the beach he'd a least be taking a few steps. This isn't to say I'm disappointed, or worried even, but I'm a total type A personality and plan scenarios in my head beforehand and when they don't work out that way it always takes me a while to adjust to the difference between what I thought and what really is.
We learned early this summer that Moses is a dipper. Jeremy was in charge of dinner one night when I was out and Moses wouldn't eat. So Jeremy squirted some ketchup on his plate and that did the trick, he's been dipping ever since. I've tried to expand his sauce choices, and he'll do yogurt in the morning with pancakes or toast, but it's become pretty clear he is a ketchup boy. He somehow always manages to get it in his hair, one week I got tired of smelling ketchup on him all day, so I got a little creative.
Moses has learned so much this summer! He loves to read and is always bringing books over and "asking" to see a certain page he remembers, usually a picture of an elephant or a ball. He also loves all forms of transportation, but trucks are definitely his favorite. He loves phones, but not talking on them.
He snuggles his toys pretends he is asleep on the floor.
He also sits on the couch and watch tv and gets down all by himself without going headfirst. He is very friendly and is constantly smiling and waving at people in the store, whether they're looking at him or not.
So there you have, our summer in a nutshell. Goodbye flip-flops and tank tops, hello hoodies and pumpkin spice lattes!
2 comments:
Love Moses' bandana!! he is so your baby! =)
also love the colors/look of your new blog. how did you get that "template"? I am bored by the ones available through Google blogger and could use some tips!
love the new look! love that he's getting so big! love that fall is right around the corner!! he'll be walking before you know it, and you'll find it so odd that something so tiny is bobbing along throughout the house! ;o)
Post a Comment