Monday morning started like any other Monday does, Moses and I had breakfast, I threw a load of sheets in the washer and we were playing in the living room. We needed to make a trip to the grocery store, but I wasn't in any hurry. And then suddenly I heard our washer come to a screeching stop, followed not long after that by my brain.
I'll be the first to admit, and Jeremy will quickly agree, that I can be a little scatter-brained at times (enter story about the cashier's check and deposit to our first home that mysteriously disappeared here), particularly when my schedule gets thrown off course. So after the washer died I thought I should probably do something about the soaking wet sheets and I decide to take that load and the rest of our laundry to the in-laws' house because I don't know when I'll have a functioning machine again. But we also still need to make the trip to the grocery store because we have nothing in the fridge. So, I fill the bags with the clothes and then we take Linus out for his walk. Since the weather's been funky lately I didn't realize that the cords I was wearing were inappropriate for the weather, so after we get back inside I decide to change my pants not remembering that the pants I take off have my grocery list in the pocket of them and the ones I put on don't. I'm useless without a list. Ok anyway, so we pack up, get to the store (where I realize my list blunder) and then head to Dan and Kathy's. When we get there I'm just ready to have a relaxing lunch and get my laundry done, until I go into the backseat to get the laundry and only one of the two bags of clothes is there! Are you freaking kidding me? When I put Moses in his car seat I left one of the bags sitting outside the car, strapped him in, closed the door and went around the back of the car when the bag was by the front passenger door. Yep, I left a big ol' bag of our dirty laundry sitting in the parking lot. Sweet. So I left Mo with Kathy for lunch and went back home hoping the bag is still there. Really, the whole time the only thing I could think about was that Jeremy's favorite Batman shirt was in that bag and that he was going to kill me if something happened to it. Thankfully when I got back it was still there, I went back to Dan and Kathy's and the rest of the week turned out ok after all... until today. When I lost my wallet. And I still have no clue where it is... oh, will I ever learn?

No comments:
Post a Comment