Tuesday, July 07, 2009

It's summertime, baby.

Even though Moses isn't in school yet I still have this sense of "summer vacation" and all of the fun things that go with it. Our mornings are crazy busy and bustling. We play and run errands or go to the library or go to the park or go to the pool. We get all hot and sweaty and tired and sun-logged and water-logged and then come home for lunch... and a nap. And while Moses naps and after I clean up the kitchen, again, I do a little work from home, I get my mommy down-time and I clean up from the morning so it can get all messy and chaotic again when the dude wakes up. Often in the afternoons Jeremy comes home and takes Moses out in the jogging stroller on a run. It's nutty and crazy and tiring. And so fun. In June, Moses and I took a music class that Dan and Kathy enrolled Moses in as a birthday gift. They had drums and scarves and sticks and bells. We flew and jumped and twirled and sang.

And listened! To see what to do next.

And then shook, with all the other kiddos.

And... well, he's only one. What do you expect?


In July we're taking a baby swim class! In fact, today was his first day. He hated every minute of it. Haha. But I'm excited for it and I think he'll warm up to the idea and do better next week (there's an optimistic mom for you!). So what else is on our list for the summer? Well, a trip to the beach is on there for sure and I'm hoping walking (Moses walking, that is) will be as well, and maybe, just maybe, some other surprises, too... you never know what life is going to throw your way (and no, I'm not talking about more babies). I guess you'll just have to check back later to find out...

No comments: