Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Progress Report

Here are some of the things Moses is up to lately:

  • Sitting - on Thanksgiving day Moses "sat" for the first time without any help, but he'd still tip over easily, but then on New Year's Day he suddenly figured it out and can sit and doesn't tip over anymore.

  • Crawling - January 10, his eight month birthday, Moses crawled forward after his bath time. Now he's learning he can use this to get to something he sees and wants. He still can't go from crawling to sitting, or sitting to crawling yet though.

  • Eating - Moses is becoming less picky on what I feed him now. Today for lunch he ate a huge bowl of peas and baked potato. He was eating orange foods mostly before, but after Christmas, when he started to have an orange tint to his skin, I decided maybe we should try some of the white and green foods again. He ate green beans the other day all by their lonesome and seemed to think they were pretty good. His favorite food is papaya and mango is a close second. His Grandma Mellie gave him a green bean and a piece of celery to munch on and he really liked that, but I guess that's more of a chew toy than it is actual food. He also just started being able to pick up and eat those little puff baby cereals (he gagged on them at first), but half of them end up in his lap or stuck on his shirt still. He'll also feed himself sometimes where he'll grab the spoon and, surprisingly, stick it right in his mouth. He always gets the biggest smile on his face after he does it like he's so proud of himself!

  • Teeth! - He doesn't have any yet, but he has the evidence of them. Last night I noticed to little bumps under his gums. That may partially explain the fever and runny nose as well.

His sudden coordination and changes that are happening are a little bittersweet to me. Of course, I love that he's progressing as he should, but with each milestone I see a little less "baby" and a little more "boy" and I just can't believe how fast his first year is going!

I have some pictures that I'll post next time.

No comments: