are over! Don't get me wrong, they were excellent.
(Jeremy, Moses and I had a great time in Indiana over Christmas. According to my mom we went through 24 bottles of wine, plus an entire mini fridge stocked with beers. We had three hour long dinner chats and relaxing days trapped inside because of ice, snow and cold weather conditions that made it easier to justify going nowhere at all. Lisa was our live-in chef, with moral support from Mom and I. And I think Moses had the best time of all, he loved all the attention and even kind of sort of stayed on his schedule enough to be a fun and happy baby the whole week. New Year's day was also a great time spent and was our "Christmas" with the Hackenbergs including Dan's dad "Papa", some delicious seafood chowder and prime rib sammies)
And as excited as I always am to put up the decorations and get festive, I always and just as happy when they're all put away and life is de-cluttered (or at least not as cluttered) and less hectic. Now it's back to routine and it feels so good. In an unfortunate turn of events Moses got sick last week, followed by Jeremy, and now I'm in denial that I too may be "coming down with it," as they say.
I'm excited for 2009! So far there are two weddings, a girls' (and babies) weekend and a beach trip this summer that we have planned. Also, a dogeball tournament and a fishing trip for Jeremy. And I'm sure that's only the tip of the iceberg of the things that will happen. I'll do my best at keeping you up to date on all those things! Happy New Year!
1 comment:
Glad you're back to blogging, my dear! Miss you!
Post a Comment