
Moses,
You turn six months old today! Happy ½ birthday! I can’t believe you’re already such a big boy. It’s amazing how much you’ve learned since you were born. We love seeing you grow and change every day. Here are some “facts” about you at six months:
You love being on your tummy and playing with toys. You can roll from front to back and back to front, but you don’t always choose to. Actually, scooting has been your choice of transportation lately ,but you can’t always get where you want to be because so far you can only scoot backwards.
Your favorite toy is this big rattle that actually goes with a seat you have and is supposed to stay attached to the tray on the seat. Every time I attach it you get frustrated and try to pull it off. It’s about the size of your head, so it’s hilarious to see you holding it. Your other favorite toy is a stuffed animal that has the head of a puppy with a blanket for a body. We keep that one in your car seat and you play with it when we go somewhere in the car. Whenever we hand it to you you smile really big and smash it into your mouth.
Your favorite game is “upsy-daisy” where you start by laying on the floor and then we take your hands and pull you up to a standing position. Once you’re standing up you try to put our thumbs in your mouth, that or you squeal with delight.
Your best friend is Abbey Wright. She’s about a month and a half older than you, but you guys are about the same size. You play together and steal toys from each other (it’s a new take on “swapping spit”). You love to smile at each other and try to grab each other’s faces. I always pay attention to the things she can do and know that you’ll be doing the same very soon. Right now Abbey can sit up without any support, you can’t yet, but I’m sure it won’t be long until you do!
You are a quiet observer. For the most part, you prefer to stare and take in everything going on around you, especially if we’re in a busy place. It’s almost as if I can see your little sponge brain soaking in all the information.
You are loving and cuddly, when you choose to be. And on a really good day you dish out hugs and kisses, which are really two slobbery hands on my face and an open mouth on my check, but hey, I’ll take it!
While you love to play and smile at me, you always save special smiles for Dad when he comes home. Usually when he walks in the door after work you’re playing on the floor and when you hear him say hello you get the biggest smile on your face! You must have that secret boy bond.
You’re a crazy sleeper. I never know what position you’ll be in when I go in to get you up. It’s usually completely opposite of the way I put you down. You also suck your thumb and prefer to lie on your tummy. You can sleep through a lot. In fact, as I’m writing this, there is a team of guys working almost right outside of your window with jack-hammers, compressors and a whole lot of yelling, and you’re sleeping through it all!
You love animals, especially Linus. You watch that crazy dog wherever he goes and you love to try to grab at his fur. I bet you wish you could just get up and chase him. Soon enough, my little dude, soon enough.
Moses, you are such a sweet little boy. Your dad and I love you so much! We’re so excited for the next six months (and the rest of your life). You keep growing and learning and we’ll keep praying for you, teaching you and loving you.
Love, with all my heart,
Mom
2 comments:
so odd to hear you referring to yourself as "mom"! he's a beautiful kid ... you done good! can't wait to see him (and all y'all) at xmas!
He's a lucky little boy! I love reading what you write and the pics you post... keep them coming. :-)
Post a Comment