Friday, November 04, 2005

Indian Summer


For the past few weeks the weather has been interesting. At night it will get down to 35 or 40 but during the day it will get up in the 70's. I would think this was really unusual, except it was the same way last year. It's weird seeing the leaves change and having it be so warm. All I really want to do is put on a big cozy sweater, warm up some hot chocolate and sit in front of the fireplace, but here I sit, in a tank top, drinking water and feeling hot.

My office moved to a new location a few weeks ago. Now my commute is half driving, half metro. When I first rode on the metro I felt like I wanted to revolutionize the place. People are continually frowning, pushing, running to get to their location (which I can't understand because I figure their final destination in the morning must be work, why would you hurry to get there?) No one talks to anyone or pays attention to what anyone else is doing, men don't stand up to give old ladies seats, I shouldn't generalize, the few men on the few trains I've been on haven't.

Now that I've been riding for a few weeks I don't think much about talking to people anymore. On my way to work I tuck my nose into the free paper I get from a man outside the station that yells "Express! It's free! All you got to do is read it, I got it if you need it!" On the way home I tuck it into a book, or I just sit there and stare out the window. The only difference is I don't push my way through the line, what's the point of that.

For Halloween this year Jeremy and I went to our church's "Hallelujah" party. Jeremy returned as "Evil Kenevil" the villain from VBS. They did a skit at the end of the party and it ended with a light saber sword fight. It was pretty awesome, and apparently a little too realistic. A mom emailed Jeremy and told him their 3 year old keeps having nightmare's about "the man". Aww, sad :( I was a pink fairy elfkin...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with being a fairy.. Elyse was a cute little tinkerbell this halloween. Sorry Hannah, she mighta beat ya if there was a contest. This is my first post and I feel really cool now..

p.s. nice beard jeremy