
We'd like to give you an update of everything we've been up to for the past few weeks.
My parents were here visiting the first weekend in October. We couldn't have asked for better weather. We went to DC on Friday and did a major bookshelf building project on Saturday. We just finished the last coat of varnish on the shelves this weekend and they look great! Thanks Dad!
This past weekend we spent Saturday up at the Messiah College homecoming. Seeing good friends is always a bittersweet occassion in my opinion. On the one hand I am always so excited to see them, catch up, hang out, but the other hand it's always sad. It seems like we only start to get into the really good conversations, the real nitty gritty of what's really going on with each other when we're once again ripped apart by agenda, time, life. Sure we have email and phone calls which we probably take for granted, but it's never the same as being together. And then there's the fact that there is the inevitability of someone being absent, in St. John, or Seattle, or just busy with wherever else their lives chose to pull them. Did I just get really sappy? I'm done. The other fun thing about homecoming is that I didn't take any pictures. Not one. That sucks.
We saw our little bro Josh. It's crazy seeing him at the same college we went to, doing the same things we did back in the day(except we never went swimming :) He's a crazy man, it's always a good time when he's around. Even though he might've just been using us to get off campus. JK.
Abe (brother) and Lisa (brother's girlfriend) came out for homecoming too! We had the pleasure of playing host and hostess for a couple of nights. They're fun, we had a really good time. We played a heated game of Boogle and I smoked 'em all. No, I lie. Smoked 'em once and tied with Abe once. I think maybe I was the only the competing. Abe probably was too, and I beat him! Reehee!
It's also our neighbor's birthday! I ran into him on my way out this morning and he told me. Happy Birthday Eric the neighbor!
One last thing, here's another wedding photo sneak preview. We're still working on getting an album together.

Have a good night! Hannah and Jeremy

No comments:
Post a Comment