Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Rest of the Summer

Shortly after I got pregnant I began to get headaches every day. Not migraines (which I'm also prone to), but just those dull, back of your head lingering type headaches that are so annoying. I was also feeling it in my jaw, and I'm a teeth grinder at night, so I figured that was the problem. I went to the doctor and she assumed it was tension and gave me stretches to help relax my neck and they worked for the most part. But THEN, after I had Moses the jaw and headaches came back and one fateful day, when we were in Pittsburg for Jordan and Sarah's wedding, I felt something in the back of my mouth, I thought it was food, but nope, it was a wisdom tooth poking out. Dang it.

When I finally was able to get into the oral surgeon at the end of July I was told that they had to be removed. All four of them. In my pre-Mo life this would not have been that big of a deal, but because I was breastfeeding I had to pump something insane like 16 bottles before I could have the surgery because the anesthesia I would be under would take 24 hours to get out of my system. Luckily, Kathy, Jeremy's mom, came and took care of Moses and I, but it was not a fun couple days.

The rest of the summer included a girls' weekend in the Philly area, a new job for Jeremy and a lot of growing for Moses. He changes so fast it's unbelievable.

That pretty much catches us up! Maybe now I can blog in the present. I'll try to keep up with it!

No comments: