Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ada - 10 months

I give up. I've been writing letters to Moses and Ada to post on here for months. Every time I go to finish them I have to change and update them. Part of the problem is that I can't finish a post in one sitting because I want to attach photos and blogger takes FORfreakingEVER to upload pictures. So here is my solution. It's not fancy or  beautifully written, but I have to start writing this stuff down, because I will forget and I will be sad that I didn't log it in some fashion.

Ada will be 10 months old tomorrow. We had her 9 month appointment today (a little late) and she weighs 14 pounds 1 ounce and is 26 inches tall. She is not on the chart for her weight, but is creating her own curve, finally, and is in the 5 percentile for height. Two teeth have come through so far, the top front two - which is funny, and one on the bottom is on the way. She started crawling at 9 months and is now really fast at it. She pulled up for the first time at 9 1/2 months and today she stood, unassisted for the first time for about two seconds. And then did it again, three more times and thought it was the best game ever. We struggled for a while to get to her to be even remotely interested in solid foods, and while she still gags at even the smallest lump in her food, she is doing much better. Her weight gain (or non-weight gain) was a concern for a few months, but after a slew of tests we're almost sure that she is just a tiny girl - I say almost because they're going to run one more blood test for Celiacs disease, just to rule it out. 

Ada, my little lady, you are a perfect mix of sweetness and sass. You are so beautiful. You are full of life and spunk, you are happy and loud. You aren't afraid to get right in the middle of all the fun with the big kids. You are my adventure girl. I love you all to pieces, Mom

2 comments:

Mom at Work said...

If you do get positive for celiac that would explain a lot... let me know if you want support group information or recipees because it runs in my family so I know a lot about it!:-)

Mom at Work said...

p.s.it's Charity Person (Tucker)