Thursday, February 18, 2010

You can't take that away from me.

Dear Moses,

Yesterday we were sitting on the living room floor, watching the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, when suddenly you stood up and put your arm around me. Your arm is just long enough to get to my neck, so you cupped your little hand on the side of my neck. And as if that weren't sweet enough, you then pulled my face toward yours so that our cheeks were smooshed together, gave me a side glance and a flirty little smile. I couldn't help flashing forward in life and thinking how someday you'll prefer to put your arm around another girl and put your cheek next to hers and melt her heart like you melted mine. But I was first. You can't take that away from me.

I love you.
Mom

5 comments:

amybeth said...

AS IF I DIDN'T WANT A BABY ENOUGH ALREADY HANNAH!!!

I got tears. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

thanks

Katie Fleming said...

:-) So sweet!

Lauren said...

I'm smiling from ear to ear. What a precious moment.

michele said...

*melt*!!!! daughters are amazing, but there's just something about a son, isn't there?

Aunt Debbie said...

I love the way you write, Hannah! You capture special moments in a mommy's heart and turn them into words that touch all of us who read them!